Friday, September 21, 2012

This Time Last Year #4

It was the day before my due date and I was freaking everyone out by still being at work. I had gone to the doctor and knew that Emery hadn't really dropped and I wasn't "inducible" so I didn't really expect her to be born soon, but I was hoping.

I'm going to stray from last year for a while to focus on Emery's birthday party tomorrow. I read a blog recently that talked about how the first birthday party is a celebration of the parents, too. Just acknowledging everything that was accomplished in the first year, moving from the novice parent not really knowing what they're doing, to the much-preferred feeling that you've got more of a handle on things. I'm just so excited that her first birthday is coming. It's just such a special milestone. And I can't wait to celebrate at the party tomorrow!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment